Monday, March 7, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

I was riding in the car with my sister last night and she played this song for me.  It reminded me how quickly the time with our children goes.  As a mom who feels like there is never enough time in the day, I felt challenged to focus on my children rather than the things that will always be there.  Sure there are things that need to be done...laundry, meals prepared and an occaisional wipe down of germy surfaces...but why must I continue to stress about things that don't really matter?  This is the time of my life where I will have toys all over the floor, a continual flow of laundry and dishes that NEVER seem to stop and dust on my furniture.  I pray that the Lord will help me to look past these things and concentrate on playing with my children, loving on my them and teaching them to be the godly children that God has called them to be.  I thank the Lord for little reminders, such as this song, that keep me focused on His calling and purpose for me at this time in my life.  So, I'm off to build some towers out of blocks and dress up like a princess!!

Ecclesiastes 3:1
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."

3 comments:

  1. That's a great one, but the one that gets me every time is "The Best Day" - crying now! Thanks, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Aunt Penney gave me the link to your site so that I could look at the Mary Kay site - but I had to say that I really like your blog layout and this post spoke to me. I love the verse and I hope you don't mind, but I used it on my Facebook profile. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I'm so glad it spoke to you!! I don't mind that you posted it at all because of course I "borrowed" it from someone else too. :)

    ReplyDelete